LETS TALK ABOUT SKIN…..BEST WAY TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN!!
In the previous article we learnt about the different skin types and how to identify YOUR skin type. Taking care of your skin is an investment in yourself, and the results are worth it, you will have Firmer, Younger looking skin which Feels and Looks soft and smooth!
One needs to come up with a Skin care routine and use products which do the following:
DETOXIFY……… Cleanse your skin with a cleanser which removes dirt, makeup and impurities from your skin.
STIMULATE…… Resulting in you having a Glowing complexion.
PROTECTS……. Protects your skin against damage caused by different environmental factors like chemicals which can clog your pores , cause acne, irritation and dry skin. Some materials can cause tissue breakdown leading to cellular damage. Heat, cold and the sun can also cause damage.
NOURISHES……. Use Moisturising products which feed your skin with nutrients to encourage stronger tissue and keep the skin soft and smooth.
HYDRATES……… Use Hydrating products that are designed to increase water content to plump up the skin.
THREE STEPS WHICH ARE MUST DO’s IN YOUR SKIN CARE ROUTINE…YOU ALWAYS SKIP!!!
• Using a Toner helps to rebalance the Natural PH of your skin ( the Acid Mantle is a fine, slightly acidic film on the surface of the skin which acts as a barrier to bacteria, viruses and other contaminates that might penetrate the skin)
• Toners are great for removing left over traces of makeup.
• Help to tighten and refine the pores.
• Leaves the skin feeling clean, soft and hydrated.
• Tone your skin after cleansing your skin.
• You need to exfoliate at least once or twice a week depending on your skin type.
• Exfoliating the skin helps to remove dead skin cells clogging the skin and impurities.
• Helps to uncover fresh new cells below.
• This opens the way for your day moisturisers, serums and night creams to be absorbed quicker and deeper into the skin and work more efficiently.
• Scrubbing helps to keep a clear complexion and the skin looking healthy.
Face masks are a perfect skin care treatment to help with your skin concerns and should be done at least once or twice a week depending on your skin type. I always put on my mask after exfoliating!
• Face masks help to keep the surface of the skin clean and pores unclogged.
• Great for hydrating the skin and removing excess oils.
• Excellent way to deep cleanse and pull out impurities in the deep layers of the skin.
• Help to stimulate blood circulation, ensures improvement in skin tone.
• Face masks transform your skin, making it softer, smoother and radiant.
BASIC SKIN CARE TIPS….
• Always use your Toner after cleansing avoiding your sensitive eye area.
• Do not over Exfoliate your skin to avoid irritating it and drying it out a lot more , do it once or twice a week.
• Do not wear makeup after exfoliating, I exfoliate at night or on my day off that way I know I will definitely not wear any makeup.
• Be gentle to your skin when Exfoliating, use very light circular motions ( I always say imagine your face is the face of a 6 month old baby) scrub for at least 60 seconds.
• Apply your mask on damp skin after Cleansing and Exfoliating, gently dab it on do not rub it on your face avoiding your eye area.
• Apply your mask to your face and neck because you want to look young on your neck too!
• Remove your mask gently, do not rub your face, apply warm water and remove with a face cloth and pat dry.
• Do Not Re-Cleanse your face again after applying your mask.
• AFTER YOUR MINI FACIAL APPLY MORE MOISTURISER THAN YOU NORMALLY WOULD WHILE YOUR SKIN IS SLIGHTLY DAMP TO NOURISH AND PROTECT IT!!!